That Kiss

I did not really know why and how that kiss happened. Just because of the rain on a cold dusk. The cup of coffee of ours was the only thing that made us warm. We did not say love or any such kind of thing, but there was something unforeseen for us. It was invisible.

I knew that it was a mistake, but why it is sweet? Maybe the only sweet revenge is you. I do not really know because I've already moved, I think.

I remember every detail!

That day, on a cold dusk where the storm was so wild and the sky was no longer blue but all grey. Our coffee was still hot but I was sure that it would be cool soon. You were not going to leave me home alone on the day like that, so you stayed. We hold our cups of coffee tight to get the warmth.


For you, your cup of coffee was not warm enough. You put it on the table and grabbed mine. You enfolded me, were sharing the warmth of our body. I did not struggle to move. I enjoyed the feeling of being in your arms that hug me tight.

Later on, the hug was not longer enough, you needed to do more. Slowly your right hand moved to my chin, lifted it up. You looked into my eyes like they are the deepest gap where you be ready to fall into. Then gently you got closer to my face so I closed my eyes and all I saw was darkness. But, ... I felt the touch of your lips met mine.

Cold and wet. I could not breathe! You did stick our lips together 'till finally I felt such kind of warmth that might come from your mouth, or I did not know for sure.

It was a long kiss for us. The first for me. Oh! You stole my first kiss! Oh my God! I hated that fact, but honesty, it was not really a bad thing 'cause you kissed me on the way I wanted to be kissed someday.

At length, you ended (y)our kiss as gentle as you start. I was so rouge to open my eyes, but you rubbed my cheeks like I am a baby. My heart did beat twice faster and I did not have any idea about what happens. But my eyes just saw yours that way, and since then I knew that I fell in love.

***
That memory was still coming back again and again. Even on this day, the special day. It was the memory of five years ago! But it seemed so clear like it's just happened yesterday. I started to hesitate my decision to agree to get married to this man, a very ideal man.

I saw myself on the mirror and touched my lips a while. These lips have been kissed by someone and I can never forget him until now.

Why, oh why, I could not hurt many people's heart nor mine. So here I was. I had to decide the best choose.

I took off the beautiful white wedding dress and dressed up like a girl with jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers. I slunk away from the make-up room. Stopped the taxi and will knock your door.

You directly opened the door and I didn't need to tell anything because you are the only one who understands me the most! You knew the thing that just happened and just cuddled me so long. You took me in and made me a cup of coffee.

Before sipping my coffee, I needed something more addicting that caffeine. You've already known and always.

You took a seat beside me and put your arm on my waist. While the right hand of yours grabbed my face gently and you just looked into my eyes as you've ever done before. You knew what to do, you kissed me that way. It was longer and warmer. I didn't have to do anything but let me into you.

Yeah, you made it. That kiss.

Comments